Prakash Institutes of India are residential vocational schools situated on a 21-acre campus on the outskirts of Nagpur, India. The schools receive no government funding whatsoever, but operate solely on financial gifts and in-kind services.
For nearly 45 years, Prakash for India has been equipping young Indian men and women with marketable skills to become godly business owners, spouses, parents and leaders in their communities living self-reliant lives with hope and dignity.
- Prakash for India is a nonprofit, non-denominational organization that provides Christ-centered vocational training, leadership development and life skills education to marginalized young Indian nationals.
- More than 3,000 Prakash Institutes alumni now lead self-reliant,
productive lives as leaders in their families, churches and communities.
- The Institutes are operated by 35 staff, all Indian nationals.
- Instructors are certified by the government of India.
- Prakash Institutes of India is known nationally for its quality. Students
consistently excel in national trade examinations.
- The current student-staff ratio of 3:1 means students receive personalized attention.
- All students undergo vocational training to learn a trade, life skills training to acquire and maintain personal good health and dignity, and discipleship training to develop ideals of purpose, faith and influence.
- All courses are 12-24 months long.